How to Change Your Skype Name
Backed by Microsoft, Skype is a famous video calling application. With around a million monthly users, it’s quite frequent for people to want to change their Skype name.
Here’s how you can rename yourself on the platform:
Changing Skype Name
‘Skype Name’ refers to your username at Skype. It is a string of numbers and letters set together and autogenerated by Skype the first time you register yourself on the platform. However, the username is permanent and cannot be deleted or changed once set.
However, at times you may feel grown out with your current name and maybe want to choose a more aesthetic one. In such a case, the only option left to you is to create a new account. It seems easier to do, however:
- You will lose all of your Skype credits.
- Once again, you have to reconfigure your connections.
Changing Display Name
Display names on Skype can be altered easily.
Steps to change your display name are as follows:
- Open the Skype window.
- Click your Skype name.
- On the upper-left corner, tick the three dots next to your name and tap settings.
- Tap ‘Your Profile’ section under ‘Manage’ tag
- Click ‘Edit Profile’
- Type the desired name you want to display and click on ‘save’
You are good to go!