How to Change the Theme and Accent Color of Instagram DMs
In Instagram’s new update, Facebook has merged Instagram DMs with Facebook Messenger. The new feature allows you to message your Facebook friends directly from Instagram. The social media giant has introduced other user-friendly features in Instagram including different chat themes, sending selfie stickers, and others.
Follow these steps to change chat theme or accent color in Instagram
- Tap on the “Messenger” icon on the top right. Now open the particular chat whose theme you want to change.
- Click on the “i” icon on the top right. You’ll see the “Theme” option. Click on it.
- A list of available themes will be displayed. Select the one you like.
- Now head over to the “Colors & Gradients” section. And select the colour of your choice.
- Head back to the chat and you’ll see the theme of the chat bubbles, as well as background, is changed.
- Whenever you change the theme in a personal or group chat, the other participants get a notification about it. The theme will be changed on everyone’s devices for that particular chat. And they can also change it back.
- If you want to go back to the classic gray background, choose the “Direct Classic” option from the Themes section.
Note that to access these features both sender and receiver must have updated their Instagram and the messenger app to the latest version.