How to Add Yahoo Mail to your Desktop
Yahoo’s only app which is available on the Microsoft Store is the Yahoo Mail app. After successful installation of the app in Windows, it doesn’t automatically appear on the Start screen. It appears in the list of all the apps present on your device and you’d need to choose to make it available on the Start screen. You can also set a shortcut to the Yahoo Mail app on the taskbar in the Windows 8.1 desktop, or create a shortcut link on the desktop that will take you directly to the Yahoo website. Here’s how to add Yahoo mail to your desktop:
Yahoo Mail App
- Download and install the Yahoo Mail app using the Microsoft Store.
- Click the down-pointing arrow in the lower-left corner of the Start screen to view the Apps screen. This will display a list of all of the apps available on your computer.
- Navigate to the Y section and then right-click “Yahoo! Mail” to open a context menu.
- Click “Pin to Start” to place an icon for the Yahoo Mail app on the Windows 8 Start screen. Alternatively, you can click “Pin to taskbar” to create a shortcut icon for Yahoo Mail to the taskbar on the Desktop screen.
Yahoo Web Shortcut Icon
- Press “Windows-D” in the Windows Start screen to change to Desktop Mode.
- Right-click anywhere on the desktop to open a context menu.
- Click “New” and then click “Shortcut” to open a Create Shortcut dialog box.
- Enter “https://www.yahoo.com/” into the “Type the location of the item” field and then click “Next.”
- On the next screen, you’ll be asked to enter a shortcut name. Type “Yahoo” in the “Type a name for this shortcut” field. Then, click on “Finish.” A new icon will appear on your desktop featuring the icon of your default Web browser.
- Double-click the new shortcut link. This will open the Yahoo home page in your default Web browser.